The City of New York has made HEAP applications available for the winter of 2004-2005. HEAP or Home Energy Assistance Program, provides qualified individuals with a one-time grant each year to be used towards fuel and utility costs. To qualify an individual must have a monthly income below $1,702.00; for a couple the monthly income must be below $2,226.00. The grant is usually earmarked for fuel bills but can be used to pay for heat-related equipment and repairs. This program is very beneficial to seniors and those on fixed incomes in the winter months when utility bills tend to spike. There is no deadline for the application but funds are limited so it is recommended that anyone interested return their application to the city as soon as possible. You may obtain your HEAP application by calling one of your local elected officials or by calling 311.
Originally published in the December 2004 Juniper Berry Magazine
Home Energy Assistance Program
December 2004 Table of Contents
- Letters to the Editor – December 2004
- Civic Calls for an Investigation of the Queens Department Of Buildings
- COP104: Protect yourself this holiday season
- What to Have in Your Hand: Go Bag
- Home Energy Assistance Program
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Requirement
- The Cross Harbor Freight Tunnel Project Unmasked
- REPORTFROMTHE MIDDLE VILLAGE &MASPETH OVERDEVELOPMENT TASKFORCE
- Juniper Juniors: Serving Our Community
- Ashes to Ashes
- HARPER'S EARLY DAYS IN MIDDLE VILLAGE
- Carl Berner Receives City Award
- No More Woody Collections for Dept. of Sanitation, Call 311 for Parks Dept. for Pick Up
- "Life Insurance" from Social Security
- Business Spotlight: Eliot Hill Barber Shop
- Is your doctor a flip-flopper?
- Neighborhood Hall of Shame – December 2004
- THE ABSURD LEGACY CONTINUES IN NYC DEPT. OF PARKS
- Remembering the Triangle Shirtwaist Fire
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.