AMEF Auto, located at 74-02 Grand Avenue, abruptly closed its doors at the end of the year. Patrons received letters advising them to take their vehicles to Pace on Eliot Avenue. According to city records, a developer paid in excess of $2.25M for the property and filed for a demolition permit in January. We will most likely see a mixed use building similar to the others recently built across the street.
Originally published in the March 2016 Juniper Berry Magazine
BERRY BITS: Driving off into the sunset
by Christina Wilkinson
AMEF located on Grand Ave & 74th Street has closed its doors.
March 2016 Table of Contents
- Dedication, Beauty, Empowerment: Starting on the Road to Achieving Everything You Want
- Killy's Korner
- A NEW ERA IN MEDICINE
- Allstate Agent Kevin Spann Opens New Office in Middle Village
- The history of Glendale's Schuetzen Park
- OP-ED: Keep Central Park Carriage Horses on the Good Path
- Q&A with familiar faces: Interview with Leslie Barnes, owner of London Lennies
- The historical importance of the Old St. James Episcopal Church, Newtown
- Understanding the New Pedestrian Right Of Way Law
- Interview with Captain Gregory Mackie
- The Forgotten Villages
- The Mystery of Miss Emma
- What happened to Wayland Avenue?
- OP-ED: Hillary and the rest of U.S.
- 10 Scams Targeting Senior Citizens
- 104th Pct Report
- Letters to the Editor
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Elmhurst Hospital decontamination unit now hosting homeless
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: 18th century historic church used as construction staging area
- DHS and Mayor de Blasio enriching landlords and hotel operators
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: PlowNYC not all it's cracked up to be
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: No Parking... No Press
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Stop signs for freight trains
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Council Members vote themselves a big, fat pay increase
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road
- Remembering Justice Antonin Scalia son of Elmhurst
- Happy 200th Birthday Middle Village!
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: City Council wants mall on parkland
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Things that are... Crowley
- BERRY BITS: Driving off into the sunset
- BERRY BITS: Massage parlor bills introduced
- BERRY BITS: Proposal to combat graffiti
- BERRY BITS: Community Alert – Thefts from Autos
- BERRY BITS: Petition for cleaner engines
- BERRY BITS: Middle Village Movie DVD signing
- BERRY BITS: A possible end to early park bathroom closures
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.