Once again we need to investigate why several locations were not issued violations by DSNY. We visited these locations on Monday, October 5th with Nick Circharo (DSNY) on our ride through the neighborhood and we agreed that these sites were in-violation. Yet the response to the 311 complaints submitted was that there were no violations. We'd like to know if the DSNY inspector actually visited these locations or what the actual standards are. The inspectors obviously have a different standard on what a dirty sidewalk is. We don't know why DSNY will not explain what's going on. If you had similar experiences with calling in a 311 complaint please contact the JPCA.
Originally published in the December 2015 Juniper Berry Magazine
THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: DSNY inspectors may need glasses.
by Christina Wilkinson
Eyesore for years by DSNY visited several times without issuing violation.
December 2015 Table of Contents
- AMAZING STORIES: Saw Her Wraith In a Dream
- Heavenly View
- DID YOU KNOW?
- Memories of Christmas Past
- Middle Village: the Movie
- Monumental Men of WWI
- NYC Bicycle Lanes: No Yellow Brick Roads
- OP-ED: Conservative Views Deserve Equal Time
- History of the 7 Line
- Great Homes
- KAMPERMANN'S KORNER: Future Transportation Possibilities for Queens
- Q&A with Familiar Faces: Brian Barnwell
- Dedication, Beauty, Empowerment: Starting on the Road to Achieving Everything You Want ‒ Part 1
- Killy's Korner
- Neighborhood Hall of Shame – COMMUNITY Eyesores
- Remembering Bishop Joseph M. Sullivan
- Illegal Massage Parlors Multiply in Our Communities
- Rest in peace, Tom Ognibene
- WHATS WRONG WITH MY HONEYDEW?
- BERRY BITS: Cooper & 80 turn signal, finally!
- BERRY BITS: 311 complaints plummet due to faulty app
- BERRY BITS: Drone Safety 101
- BERRY BITS: Sold it? Don't advertise it.
- BERRY BITS: Tree planted at JVP in memory of Anastasia
- Scrap the Bottle Bill for safety's sake
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: 1883 not long enough ago for Landmarks Commission
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Stop painting curbs, sidewalks & streets
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Careless construction crew causes chaos
- Calling "Cut!" on filming abuses
- BERRY BITS: Juniper Valley hawks continue to thrive
- BERRY BITS: Another off leash reminder
- BERRY BITS: Don't patronize fly-by-night merchants
- BERRY BITS: Flagged for removal
- BERRY BITS: Seeking to minimize LIE noise
- BERRY BITS: Glendale yeshiva finally hit with DOB violation
- Yesterday & Today
- AirBnB could destroy our middle class neighborhoods
- BERRY BITS: Tiles Unlimited accepting Toys for Tots donations
- New Judge Rules with City and $ on Shelter
- THE WIZARD OF ODD
- Our own worst enemy
- Milton Steinberg: Master Builder of Middle Village
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Keep all wheels off the sidewalk
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Plenty of money for bike lanes; none for car lanes
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: DSNY inspectors may need glasses.
- THINGS THAT ARE DUMB: Keep that vehicle tucked in
- 104th Precinct Report
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.