Captain Manson of the 104th Precinct has informed us that as of early July, he has directed his team to ticket trucks illegally parked on the shoulder of the westbound L.I.E. service road near Mazeau Street. It was thought at one time that parking there may be legal, as a rest area, but the State DOT confirmed that there are no authorized rest areas along the L.I.E. in Queens, so now it's time to ticket away! Parking in that area makes it very dangerous for cars exiting the expressway, especially when the drivers of the parked trucks decide to pull out. On more than one occasion, traffic has backed up due to careless, inconsiderate truckers who thought they found a free overnight or weekend parking space. It's also worth noting that commercial vehicle parking on ALL streets is prohibited overnight.
Originally published in the September 2014 Juniper Berry Magazine
CRACKDOWN ON SERVICE ROAD TRUCK PARKING
by Christina Wilkinson
Truck parked illegally on westbound LIE service Road in Maspeth.
September 2014 Table of Contents
- Tony Vaccaro
- Still in good hands
- The Battle of Brooklyn
- REMINDER: ALL FLYERS ARE ILLEGAL
- Why Homele$$ne$$ is Big Business
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
- A Wheel(chair) Runaround
- SMILE! YOU'RE ON A SPEED CAMERA!
- Parking on Sidewalks & Walkways: Dumb & Dumber
- FOR COLIN FLOOD
- THEY KEEP ON TRUCKIN' ON GRAND AVE
- Annoying Verizon illegally sets up shop in residential zone
- SPEED BUMPS AT LONG LAST
- BIKE RACKS COMING TO LOCAL PO's
- Yes we have no papers, only trash
- ABBRACCIAMENTO'S TO BE DEMOLISHED THIS FALL
- OUT OF LUCK AFTER DARK
- ILLEGAL COLLECTION BINS
- A Fence Too High
- Add Sold, Ad for Realtor, Add Hefty $ Violation
- DOE FUND COMES BACK TO GRAND AVENUE
- CRACKDOWN ON SERVICE ROAD TRUCK PARKING
- SCOOP THAT POOP!
- RATS WON'T LEAVE
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.