There has been a tremendous increase in illegal parking around the community. The most serious violators are arrogant drivers who block sidewalks and crosswalks. The 104th Precinct is cracking down on this practice. The SUV (top right) was ticketed with a $100+ fine. Similar fines will be imposed on residents who park cars that obstruct sidewalks.
Originally published in the June 2014 Juniper Berry Magazine
Selfish Parkers Will Get a Wake Up Call
Juniper Berry Staff
Almost every block in the community has illegally parked cars.
June 2014 Table of Contents
- QUALITY ALLERGY CARE
- Blood Thinners and Your Dental Visit
- Killy's Korner June/July 2014
- EARLY ROADWAYS AND LAND FEATURES OF MASPETH & MIDDLE VILLAGE
- AMAZING STORIES: WAR WORKER DIES STRANGELY IN HOME Police Sift 'Ingenious Suicide' or Murder of Sperry Man
- Kampermann's Korner: We Must Rekindle the Essence of America
- Agents for Change: Girl Scout Troops 4378 & 4509 Clean Chronic Eyesore
- Great Neighborhood Homes
- The Learning Tree Summer Camp
- The CIRCLE of LIFE
- SOCIAL SECURITY QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- A Visit to the National September 11th Memorial Museum
- Interview: Rachel Edery, Rashachy Hair Salon
- AMAZING STORIES: BACK FROM CHURCH DIES FROM POISON
- Our Congresswoman in Action
- OP-ED: Why the IRS, Benghazi, Fast and Furious and all other recent scandals matter to the continued existence of this nation.
- The City is wasting millions of dollars to NOT solve the homeless problem
- Another Day That Should Live In Infamy
- Local cemeteries are nature hotspots
- Carmello Keeps Park Great!
- Liz Crowley hits the road
- BERRY BITS: Juniper Valley Park's Rat Population Increasing?
- Knockdown Center Liquor License Hearing
- BERRY BITS: Juniper Juniors & Maspeth High school Team Up Again & Again
- Letters to the Editor June/July 2014
- BERRY BITS: Ridgewood Reservoir plan is no "dam" good
- Queens Magnolias & the Juniper Cherry Blossom
- BERRY BITS: More Questions than Answers at Homeless Shelter Hearing
- Our overburdened and ugly Utility Poles
- JUNIPER CIVIC IN MEMORIAL DAY PARADE
- Sending Multiple Bad Messages
- BERRY BITS: It's Garlinge Memorial Park
- Berry Bits: Metropolitan LIRR bridge project
- Pedestrian pads become trip hazards
- Duh, Clean the Drains!
- The Crosswalk to Nowhere
- Mr. Greedy
- Selfish Parkers Will Get a Wake Up Call
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.