(May 21, 1980) A 26-year-old man was sentenced Tuesday to 15 years to life in prison for murdering his estranged wife's lover outside a bar in Maspeth, Queens, last October. The man, Andre Fediuk, was convicted March 24 of shooting Walter Cassala, 37 years old, of the Bronx. The shooting took place after Mr. Fediuk read his wife's diary, which, according to trial testimony, detailed his love affair between Mr. Cassala and Deborah Fediuk.
Originally published in the November 2010 Juniper Berry Magazine
Murder After Reading Diary
NY Times • May 21, 1980
November 2010 Table of Contents
- Berry News
- Letters to the Editor
- Caution: Playing Politics With Lives
- A Maspeth Girl in Iwo Jima
- What is a Microburst?
- Gangster Government... Meet the Mob
- 9/16/10 Microburst
- Killy's Korner Nov/Dec 2010
- Community Spotlight: Tony Nunziato
- Forgot Prayer, 2 seized Pickpockets at Cemetery Say They Wanted to Honor the Dead
- AMAZING STORIES: Shot Himself In the Head John Leighton of Brooklyn Commits Suicide at Maspeth
- 'Tis the Season to Reflect!
- The day after tomorrow
- AMAZING STORIES: Fire Bombers Said to Pick Wrong Home
- AMAZING STORIES: Brooklyn's Mystery Cleared Up John Leonard's Stepmother Took Him to the Hospital to Die
- $50,000 Alienation Suit. John Cooper Arrested on Charge Made by C.N. Robinson of Maspeth, L.I
- AMAZING STORIES: Police Continuing Inquiry On Trees Have Not Yet Queried Man Linked to Queens Mystery ‒
- Early Middle Village School Days
- Murder After Reading Diary
- LaGuardia is Praised for Maspeth Charges. Group there Lauds Him for Linking "Phantom Village" to Rothstein Influence.
- J. Cotoia Construction
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.