Eleven year old James Mougis shows off the two large fluke he caught while fishing on the Viking Star in Montauk this summer. James, as you can see, is just a little guy but he struggled, on his own, to bring in these fish. His efforts resulted in winning first and second place in the Viking Star pool making him $120 richer. James has the real fish story when he returns to school this fall and he has the pictures and money to prove it! James went fishing with his grandfather, John Sciulli and brother, Andrew and is the grandson of Juniper Berry Assistant Editor, Lorraine Sciulli.
Originally published in the September 2001 Juniper Berry Magazine
James Mougis shows off his two large fluke
September 2001 Table of Contents
- Deadly Diesel
- Remembering Neighborhood Druggist-Dave LeBlang
- Summertime in Queens...Shut Your Windows!
- Responsible Dog Ownership
- Juniper Civic Helps Precinct Move into 21st Century
- A Public Safety Plan for New York
- Declaring War on Graffiti
- Is your child a Graffiti Vandal?
- Queens Museum Celebrates Graffiti
- Overwhelming Numbers Support Zip and Name Change
- DMV Testing at Juniper Continues
- POISON PROOF YOUR HOME
- New Grand Ave. School Lacks Space for Buses
- Don't Trash Middle Village: Know Sanitation Rules
- A Hero's Last Request
- Bring Back the Cop on the Beat
- The Ognibene Legacy Part 2
- Community Spotlight: Sr. Jean Redigan O.S.U.
- IMPROVING OUR SCHOOLS THROUGH CHARACTER
- D. Tiffany Elliott
- Pedestrian Peril
- Berry Book Review
- Gone fishin'
- 104th Pct. Gets New CO
- Signs Help Parents Protect Children
- Letters to the Editor – September 2001
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.