At a recent Parks Services Committee meeting of Community Board 5, residents living across from Mafera Park came out in force to protest a request from the 104th Pct.Roller Hockey League to extend league play from 9:30pm to 10pm nightly. Residents complained about noise and bright lights among other things.The proposal was voted down by both the Parks Committee and the Community Board.
Originally published in the March 1999 Juniper Berry Magazine
Lights Out at 9:30pm.
March 1999 Table of Contents
- Education of Days Past
- Letters to the Editor – March 1999
- In memory of Richard Schick
- Rudzewick: Name Rink After MV Hero Firefighter.
- DRIVEWAY Blocked? TOW It Away!
- Stop Squirrel Trappers!
- Lights Out at 9:30pm.
- M-TRAIN COMMUTING NIGHTMARE FOR AT LEAST FIVE-MONTHS BEGINNING MAY 1999
- Tree strikes (we're out)
- UP IN SMOKE: The Fight Against Teen Smoking
- Emergency! Would You Know What To Do?
- "The Last Rose of Summer"
- Berry Book Review
- Business Spotlight: Astra Tours and Travel
- Community Spotlight: Peter Polonski
- It was the Best of Times...
- Community News
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.