The St. Saviour's Fight, aka the Good, the Bad and the Ugly - JuniperCivic.com
Serving Middle Village and Maspeth since 1938.

Originally published in the June 2006 Juniper Berry Magazine

The St. Saviour's Fight, aka the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Above: St. Saviour's in 2005

James Maurice and John Van Cott donated land, and hired Richard Upjohn, our country's finest 19th century architect, to design a wooden church building and parsonage. Upjohn used this design as a prototype for other churches, and in 1852 published sketches that very closely resemble that of the St. Saviour's complex in a book he wrote.

Please see Forgotten-NY for the rest of this article.