Channel 2 news correspondent, Rose Walia, will receive the Juniper Park Civic Assoc. Community Service Award on Janue 13th for her work on exposing dangerous drag racing in Maspeth.
Originally published in the June 2002 Juniper Berry Magazine
Reporter receives community service award
June 2002 Table of Contents
- Letters to the Editor – June 2002
- Is your favorite restaurant a pig sty?
- Remembrance: Gen. Slocum Steamboat Tragedy! A German-American Tragedy!
- Pre-K Gets Fired Up
- What a Difference a Century Makes
- Ceremony a Fitting Tribute to Recovery Efforts
- Welcome to Middle Village!
- New Children's Playground Opens... Quickly & Quietly
- The First 6 months: The Juniper Berry Critiques
- LaFres & Gander Keep Midville Dodgers Rolling
- "Survival of the Fittest" Juniper Valley Park
- The NYC Parks Department: Putting Juniper Valley Park Users in Harms Way
- Tips for Kids around Dogs
- Welcome to the Capital City of Garbage
- Reporter receives community service award
- Bloomberg greets Holden at Gracie Mansion
- Professional & Knowledgeable Brian Thomson gets the Job done... with class.
- Community Spotlight: Gus Antzoulis – Maspeth Dry Cleaners
- Don't take cops out to the ballgame!
- Bermel Monuments Middle Village
- Upper Ballfields Reconstruction Underway... to Open this Fall
- DO YOU REALLY KNOW THE UNITED STATES ONE DOLLAR BILL?
- Flogging the Dead Horse Harder: Council Committee Passes Draconian Penalties Against Sidewalk Cycling While Sidewalk Motorists Face Few Sanctions
- Berry Book Review – June 2002
- GABRIELLA M. ARTH: OLH's Youthful Prodigy
- Do You Remember?
- Technology-driven Dental Practice
- 80th Street Picnic – 1941
- Middle Village Volunteer Fire Dept. World War II
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.