This property was constructed 10 years ago and the builder did not plan for several important things. First the garages were eliminated because the slope of the driveways were too severe. Then the parked cars in front blocked part of the sidewalk. And to make matters worse the residents store their garbage in front of the house. This is a violation, refuse on non-collection days must be stored out of site. The violation is called failure to store.
Originally published in the December 2014 Juniper Berry Magazine
NEIGHBORHOOD HALL OF SHAME: A 58 Ave Problem
EYESORE ON 58TH AVENUE (near LIE) in Maspeth
December 2014 Table of Contents
- Our Old Dance Halls & Picnic Parks
- Q&A with Familiar Faces: INTERVIEW WITH DR. MATTHEW McCARTHY Juniper Valley Animal Hospital
- OP-ED: We Must Rekindle the Essence of America
- Organics Recycling Program 101
- BERRY HEALTH: Allergies & Asthma Go To School
- EYESORE: 69TH LAME
- Florence Buchholz: A Pillar of Trinity's Sunday school
- Our Nocturnal Neighbors
- Reflections on the Life of Albert Banke
- Heavenly Hours: Reading Aloud at St.Stan's
- NEIGHBORHOOD HALL OF SHAME: A 58 Ave Problem
- EYESORE: Another 58 Ave Problem
- Plateau Pride
- Killy's Korner
- The Lost Community of METROPOLITAN
- City Homeless Shelter Plan in Disarray
- OP-ED: Our Greatest Challenge Is Yet To Come
- Why Choose Christ the King High School?
- BERRY BITS: Poison in the park?
- BERRY BITS: MV 5th grader takes center stage in film
- Letters to the Editor
- BERRY BITS: Safe Streets to School project complete
- BERRY BITS: State and City reverse course on Ridgewood Reservoir plans
- BERRY BITS: St. John's Queens Hospital conversion almost complete
- BERRY BITS: Cross Harbor Draft Environmental Impact Statement released
- BERRY BITS: Mailboxes, relay boxes & fireboxes ‒ oh my!
- Our Hometown Home Brew
- The House on 62nd Road
- The transformation of the Clinton Diner
- BERRY BITS: Movement on Quiet Skies
- BERRY BITS: Not much of an improvement
- BERRY BITS: NYC buildings department hosts Homeowners Night
- Bad behavior outside Knockdown Center event
- BERRY BITS: Candid Camera at Silver Barn
- Sunk in Maspeth
- things that are dumb: IT'S A BOX, NOT A BUILDING!
- things that are dumb: TO PLANT OR NOT TO PLANT, THAT IS THE QUESTION
- things that are dumb: EXPRESSWAY PRISON WALLS
- things that are dumb: CROWLEY'S BRIGHT IDEA
- things that are dumb: TRAIN RUNS OUT OF TRACK IN MASPETH
- things that are dumb: YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK
- things that are dumb: SIGNS OUT OF CONTROL
- things that are dumb: WATCH OUT FOR GARBAGE TRUCKS
- BERRY BITS: Easier to Get Eyesores Removed
- things that are dumb: DE BLASIO WORSENS HOMELESS CRISIS
- things that are dumb: Tree needs a Trim
- things that are dumb: DUMB PARKING ON CALDWELL
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.