This past September, the TV show Candid Camera filmed three segments at the checkout area of Silver Barn Farms. (Unfortunately, they mistakenly gave its location as Brooklyn.) For the first practical joke, the cashier asked unsuspecting customers for 3 forms of photo ID when they paid with credit cards. The second prank had the same cashier ask for price checks on every item because her scanner was out of order. In the final segment, the cashier talked on her cell phone incessantly while customers were waiting to check out. Most of the victims were surprisingly patient while having these tricks pulled on them, but one lady did admit that she wanted to kill the cashier, who was portrayed by the daughter of Candid Camera co-host, Peter Funt. If you missed the original airing, you can still catch it online at tvland.com (Episode 107).
Originally published in the December 2014 Juniper Berry Magazine
BERRY BITS: Candid Camera at Silver Barn
by Christina Wilkinson
December 2014 Table of Contents
- Our Old Dance Halls & Picnic Parks
- Q&A with Familiar Faces: INTERVIEW WITH DR. MATTHEW McCARTHY Juniper Valley Animal Hospital
- OP-ED: We Must Rekindle the Essence of America
- Organics Recycling Program 101
- BERRY HEALTH: Allergies & Asthma Go To School
- EYESORE: 69TH LAME
- Florence Buchholz: A Pillar of Trinity's Sunday school
- Our Nocturnal Neighbors
- Reflections on the Life of Albert Banke
- Heavenly Hours: Reading Aloud at St.Stan's
- NEIGHBORHOOD HALL OF SHAME: A 58 Ave Problem
- EYESORE: Another 58 Ave Problem
- Plateau Pride
- Killy's Korner
- The Lost Community of METROPOLITAN
- City Homeless Shelter Plan in Disarray
- OP-ED: Our Greatest Challenge Is Yet To Come
- Why Choose Christ the King High School?
- BERRY BITS: Poison in the park?
- BERRY BITS: MV 5th grader takes center stage in film
- Letters to the Editor
- BERRY BITS: Safe Streets to School project complete
- BERRY BITS: State and City reverse course on Ridgewood Reservoir plans
- BERRY BITS: St. John's Queens Hospital conversion almost complete
- BERRY BITS: Cross Harbor Draft Environmental Impact Statement released
- BERRY BITS: Mailboxes, relay boxes & fireboxes ‒ oh my!
- Our Hometown Home Brew
- The House on 62nd Road
- The transformation of the Clinton Diner
- BERRY BITS: Movement on Quiet Skies
- BERRY BITS: Not much of an improvement
- BERRY BITS: NYC buildings department hosts Homeowners Night
- Bad behavior outside Knockdown Center event
- BERRY BITS: Candid Camera at Silver Barn
- Sunk in Maspeth
- things that are dumb: IT'S A BOX, NOT A BUILDING!
- things that are dumb: TO PLANT OR NOT TO PLANT, THAT IS THE QUESTION
- things that are dumb: EXPRESSWAY PRISON WALLS
- things that are dumb: CROWLEY'S BRIGHT IDEA
- things that are dumb: TRAIN RUNS OUT OF TRACK IN MASPETH
- things that are dumb: YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK
- things that are dumb: SIGNS OUT OF CONTROL
- things that are dumb: WATCH OUT FOR GARBAGE TRUCKS
- BERRY BITS: Easier to Get Eyesores Removed
- things that are dumb: DE BLASIO WORSENS HOMELESS CRISIS
- things that are dumb: Tree needs a Trim
- things that are dumb: DUMB PARKING ON CALDWELL
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.