Speed bumps that were authorized back in 2012 were in the beginning stages of installation on Juniper Blvd North as we went to press. Hopefully this will end the drag racing/speeding problems that have plagued the street for decades. Concerns have been raised regarding Juniper Blvd South. There is a traffic light at 75th Street, but cars are still speeding, especially to beat the light before it changes. There is a playground west of the light. It may be worth looking into installing speed bumps there instead in order to force drivers to slow down.
Originally published in the September 2014 Juniper Berry Magazine
SPEED BUMPS AT LONG LAST
by Christina Wilkinson
Speed bumps were finally installed on Juniper Blvd North
September 2014 Table of Contents
- Tony Vaccaro
- Still in good hands
- The Battle of Brooklyn
- REMINDER: ALL FLYERS ARE ILLEGAL
- Why Homele$$ne$$ is Big Business
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
- A Wheel(chair) Runaround
- SMILE! YOU'RE ON A SPEED CAMERA!
- Parking on Sidewalks & Walkways: Dumb & Dumber
- FOR COLIN FLOOD
- THEY KEEP ON TRUCKIN' ON GRAND AVE
- Annoying Verizon illegally sets up shop in residential zone
- SPEED BUMPS AT LONG LAST
- BIKE RACKS COMING TO LOCAL PO's
- Yes we have no papers, only trash
- ABBRACCIAMENTO'S TO BE DEMOLISHED THIS FALL
- OUT OF LUCK AFTER DARK
- ILLEGAL COLLECTION BINS
- A Fence Too High
- Add Sold, Ad for Realtor, Add Hefty $ Violation
- DOE FUND COMES BACK TO GRAND AVENUE
- CRACKDOWN ON SERVICE ROAD TRUCK PARKING
- SCOOP THAT POOP!
- RATS WON'T LEAVE
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.