If and when you sell your house we ask that you don't use a For Sale Sign. Besides being an eyesore they advertise to burglars that with many people coming and going to the house they may just blend in. Also with internet shopping for homes they are outdated. We also recommend that you NEVER allow a sold sign. Section 22-322 of the zoning resolution of the Department of Buildings, New York City, does not permit real estate companies to attach a "SOLD" rider on a for sale sign. A sold rider is only advertising for the real estate company and the homeowner must pay the fine. Residents are urged to report violations to 311. Give them the above section of resolution when making your report. Fines can range up to $1,000 or more.
Originally published in the September 2014 Juniper Berry Magazine
Add Sold, Ad for Realtor, Add Hefty $ Violation
THINGS THAT ARE DUMB
For Sale signs are legal, adding a sold sign to it makes it a violation
September 2014 Table of Contents
- Tony Vaccaro
- Still in good hands
- The Battle of Brooklyn
- REMINDER: ALL FLYERS ARE ILLEGAL
- Why Homele$$ne$$ is Big Business
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
- A Wheel(chair) Runaround
- SMILE! YOU'RE ON A SPEED CAMERA!
- Parking on Sidewalks & Walkways: Dumb & Dumber
- FOR COLIN FLOOD
- THEY KEEP ON TRUCKIN' ON GRAND AVE
- Annoying Verizon illegally sets up shop in residential zone
- SPEED BUMPS AT LONG LAST
- BIKE RACKS COMING TO LOCAL PO's
- Yes we have no papers, only trash
- ABBRACCIAMENTO'S TO BE DEMOLISHED THIS FALL
- OUT OF LUCK AFTER DARK
- ILLEGAL COLLECTION BINS
- A Fence Too High
- Add Sold, Ad for Realtor, Add Hefty $ Violation
- DOE FUND COMES BACK TO GRAND AVENUE
- CRACKDOWN ON SERVICE ROAD TRUCK PARKING
- SCOOP THAT POOP!
- RATS WON'T LEAVE
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.