Originally published in the September 2008 Juniper Berry Magazine
Maspeth Trolley trouble – May 13, 1949
September 2008 Table of Contents
- Off the Markey
- JPCA Celebrating 70th Anniversary with Dinner/Dance, Nov 1.
- MORE ALLIES PUSHING FOR TRUCK BYPASS PLAN
- Letters to the Editor – September 2008
- Police Beat 104: E-mailing to fight crime
- Street repair schedule
- THOMPSON EXAMINING WAYS TO COMPENSATE NEW YORKERS FOR 2007 FLOOD LOSSES
- Call 311 for Street Tree Planting
- PARKS DEPT: "FAKE TURF SHOULD NOT BE PLAYED ON"
- A Breath of Fresh Air
- A Great Neighborhood
- YOUR HOME IS YOUR CASTLE ‒ UNTIL IT'S NOT
- The Summer of the Guitar
- Maspeth Trolley trouble – May 13, 1949
- Sand avalanche in Maspeth!
- When the Community Works Together, We Win
- Yesterday and Today: Grand Avenue & 71st Street, 1940
- Neighborhood Hall of Shame
- 237 Maltese Laws and counting
- Experience Counts in Albany
- Volunteering to Help Build a Better Community
- AN HISTORIC RACE
- Ten Years Ago COMMUTER TAX Was Repealed
- ANARCHISTS AT MASPETH
- COMPTROLLER REJECTS CONTRACT TO TURN RIDGEWOOD RESERVOIR INTO SPORTS FIELDS
- 2008 Summer Concert Series a Huge Hit
- Business Spotlight: Curves Middle Village
- Berry Book Reviews
- Dental Implants: What's new?
- The Daniels Homes under construction – 1941
- Doctor's revelations prove that cell phone tower is not worth the risk
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.