The Juniper Civic Archives has purchased old yearbooks of Juniper High School 73 in Maspeth. Above is the class of June 1944 that graduated 70 years ago this year. If you know anyone from the classes from 1938 to 1947 we may have images. Send us a story and we'll send you images from that yearbook. Write: firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally published in the March 2014 Juniper Berry Magazine
Junior High School 73 Maspeth, graduating class, June 1944
by Robert Holden
JHS 73 Maspeth June 1944
March 2014 Table of Contents
- New Business Spotlight: 20/20 EYE CARE
- Maspeth's Brooklyn Old Fashion
- Interview: Dr. Philip Franco Principal, St. Margaret's School
- Killy's Korner March/April 2014
- DeWitt Clinton: Maspeth's First Statesman
- SOCIAL SECURITY QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- Great Neighborhood Homes
- AMAZING STORIES: Leader of Queens Crime Ring Pleads Guilty to 5 Murders
- The Quest for a Quiet Sky
- That's All, Folks!
- PROFILE: Captain Christopher Manson Profile
- Garlinge Memorial Park
- Junior High School 73 Maspeth, graduating class, June 1944
- AMAZING STORIES: Court Calls Witness a Liar. Drives Him Out of Court and Directs an Acquittal in Murder Case
- An Infection that keeps coming back!
- More and more tort cases involve bike riders. Three recent cases demonstrate that injured bike riders may have difficulty in court.
- OP-ED: Blame it on the Flame
- The Smooching Sailor Who Captured My Students
- AMAZING STORIES: Hinsman Boy Drowned. Body Found in Covered Cistern at Mariondale Park ‒ Father thinks It Was Put There
- AMAZING STORIES: Found Hanging in the Woods, The Body of An Unknown Suicide Discovered near Middle Village
- AMAZING STORIES: Louis Herrmann's Suicide. He was tired of Life and Killed Himself With a Revolver
- AMAZING STORIES: Small Boy, Big Secret: Mother Held
- KAMPERMANN's KORNER: We Must Rekindle the Essence of America
- BERRY BITS: Snow Parking obstacle course
- BERRY BITS: Knockdown Center applies for liquor license
- Roman Mythology
- Mayor Fills Pothole in Maspeth then Peals Out:
- Letter to the Editor March/April 2014
- Lyin' Verizon
- Christ the King Honored by Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio
- Homeless shelter sponsor cited for fraud by state comptroller
- BERRY BITS: Crowley sets bad example by allowing graffiti to linger
- Invasion of the Bottle Snatchers
- Legislation to crack down on out-of-state car registrations to be introduced
- BERRY BITS: City fails to clean snow off its own property
- Bicycle Lanes on NYC Streets ‒ What Are They Thinking?
- Hevesi Calls for Suspension of Glendale Homeless Shelter Review
- Timeline of the never-beginning bridge construction project
- Community Driveways ‒ Who's Responsible?
- Our Councilwoman Joins Boycott of St. Pat's Parade
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.