On Saturday, May 5th Juniper Park Civic Assn. and Juniper Juniors members led by Len Santoro cleaned 57th Ave. near the south entrance of Elmhurst Park. The volunteers, cleaned and painted the CSX railroad bridge wall and swept the entire area. This was the 5th clean up in 12 months that the JPCA has undertaken. Previous sites were: Eliot Avenue/CSX bridge, 69th Place/ Juniper Boulevard South bridge, 69th Street railroad bridge and the 57th railroad bridge. The volunteers were: Nicholas Ambio, Giuseppe Vicino, Richard Polgar, Lorrie Dooley, Peter Ilse, Jennifer Gammone, Joe Termine, Lydon Sleeper, Angelo Raneri, Barbara Santoro, Len Santoro and Bob Holden. The clean-up event was part of the "Love Your Block" Citizens Committee of NY grant which the JPCA received earlier this year.
Originally published in the June 2012 Juniper Berry Magazine
JPCA & Juniors Clean & Paint 57th Ave. Bridge
Juniper Berry Staff
JPCA/Juniper Juniors clean and paint CSX bridge on 57th Ave on May 5, 2012.
June 2012 Table of Contents
- AMAZING STORIES: Girl Buried Alive by 2 Tons of Sand
- Cat, Dog, Mouse...and Sponge: how cartoons have changed
- AMAZING STORIES: Police Say They Have Last Laugh on Bandit
- AMAZING STORIES: Bound to Kill Himself
- Interview: HARRY LAMBROS from Harry's Paint & Hardware
- Police Arrest 60 in Raids To Break a Heroin Ring
- Gangdom is Absent at Diamond Burial
- Killy's Korner June/July 2012
- AMAZING STORIES: Racing Car Crashes, Kills Two in Crowd at Track in Queens
- A LONG WAY FROM HOME
- Why can't local politicians make CSX Railroad accountable?
- Rene Herrera ‒ parks regional manager districts 5 & 6
- Millie Cruz – park supervisor district 5
- Let the Races Begin!
- JPCA & Juniors Clean & Paint 57th Ave. Bridge
- Letters to the Editor
- Silver Crest Farms
- JPCA President Robert Holden Honored by Queens Civic Congress
- Juniper Civic Gets City to Pay Attention to Chronic Eyesores
- Silver Barn Farms: A Middle Village Institution
- Captain's Report
- NYC Parks Dept to close last historic Boxing Program
- How Liz Crowley Killed St. Saviour's park and hopes you'll forget about it.
- HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS
- Can we break the vicious circle?
- City Inspector Targets Cemetery ...Gives Railroads Free Pass
- Lorraine Sciulli Declared Woman of Distinction by New York State
- Remembering Grover Cleveland High School
- Amazing Stories: Mother of 7 Seized as Slayer of Son, 13
- Scrap Metal Thieves are stealing the ground out from under us
- A Bridge Too Old
- Illegal Signs multiply, city slow to respond
- Crackdown on Illegal Sidewalk Parking
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.