The Juniper Park Civic Association (JPCA) has brought sidewalk obstruction to the forefront of quality of life issues. Throughout Maspeth and Middle Village, too many residents are parking multiple cars in driveways that block or partially block sidewalks. Some residents have even taken to illegally using walkways, entrances and sideyards as parking lots. Captain Michael Cody, Commander of the 104th Pct. said recently that his officers will ticket cars parked on sidewalks or blocking pedestrians or illegally parked in entrances. Residents are urged to call 311 and notify the JPCA with addresses of chronic violators.
Originally published in the June 2012 Juniper Berry Magazine
Crackdown on Illegal Sidewalk Parking
Juniper Berry Staff
Car parked in front of stoop at 58-22 74 St.
June 2012 Table of Contents
- Gangdom is Absent at Diamond Burial
- Killy's Korner June/July 2012
- A LONG WAY FROM HOME
- Why can't local politicians make CSX Railroad accountable?
- Rene Herrera ‒ parks regional manager districts 5 & 6
- Millie Cruz – park supervisor district 5
- AMAZING STORIES: Police Say They Have Last Laugh on Bandit
- AMAZING STORIES: Bound to Kill Himself
- Police Arrest 60 in Raids To Break a Heroin Ring
- AMAZING STORIES: Racing Car Crashes, Kills Two in Crowd at Track in Queens
- AMAZING STORIES: Girl Buried Alive by 2 Tons of Sand
- Cat, Dog, Mouse...and Sponge: how cartoons have changed
- Interview: HARRY LAMBROS from Harry's Paint & Hardware
- JPCA & Juniors Clean & Paint 57th Ave. Bridge
- Letters to the Editor
- Let the Races Begin!
- City Inspector Targets Cemetery ...Gives Railroads Free Pass
- Lorraine Sciulli Declared Woman of Distinction by New York State
- Remembering Grover Cleveland High School
- Amazing Stories: Mother of 7 Seized as Slayer of Son, 13
- Silver Crest Farms
- JPCA President Robert Holden Honored by Queens Civic Congress
- Juniper Civic Gets City to Pay Attention to Chronic Eyesores
- Silver Barn Farms: A Middle Village Institution
- Captain's Report
- NYC Parks Dept to close last historic Boxing Program
- How Liz Crowley Killed St. Saviour's park and hopes you'll forget about it.
- HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS
- Can we break the vicious circle?
- A Bridge Too Old
- Illegal Signs multiply, city slow to respond
- Scrap Metal Thieves are stealing the ground out from under us
- Crackdown on Illegal Sidewalk Parking
The Juniper Berry magazine, first published in 1938 is an all-volunteer effort containing articles on crime prevention, neighborhood issues, meeting reports and notices, neighborhood history and photographs, guest articles, editorials and more.
View Latest Issue
Connect with the JPCA
Sign up for breaking news alerts by entering your email address below.